Sunday 25 September 2022

Nairn's Cheese Oatcakes

Whilst shopping with my wife for some nuts for our parrot in our nearest branch of Holland and Barrett (we only buy nuts that are for for human consumption for our parrot, only the best for her!) I happened to see on the counter a packet of Nairn's Cheese Oatcakes.

I happen to consider Nairn's Oatcakes and cheese as two of my major food groups, so I was happy to add those to the nut order and continue with our shopping trip. More fit for human consumption nuts, this time from an adjacent branch of Home Bargains, as it happens.

And this evening I am testing the Nairn's Cheese Oatcakes.

The cheese content is a very respectable 15% and as soon as I opened the packet of Cheese Oatcakes I smell what to my nose seemed to be the scent of a rather fine cheddar cheese.

I ate one without anything spread on it and it was deliciously cheesy. Almost decadently cheesy, in fact.

With some extra mature cheese and enough butter to help things move along a bit more smoothly, the Nairn's Cheese Oatcakes tasted every bit as good as you would be able to expect from a family oatcake baker who have been in the business of carefully baking oatcakes since 1896, so that's 126 years of service to oatcake lovers the world over.

They are gluten free, contain no added sugar, have none of that unfortunate hydrogenated fat, no artificial colours, flavourings and preservatives and they are baked using gluten free oats. They are great for people who have coeliac disease, in fact they are certified by Coeliac UK. they are also suitable for vegetarians, too. 

This pack that I am now working my way through will be replaced with others and kept for Christmas, along with the other members of the Nairn's range of oatcakes.

To learn more please visit www.nairns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!