Sunday 25 September 2022

Guinness Cold Brew Coffee Beer

 

Several weeks ago whilst in a checkout queue in a branch of Tesco I notice some purchasing some Guinness Cold Brew Coffee beer. I mentioned it to my wife who said: "Oh, yes. I saw it advertised in the Tesco magazine, the other day."

So, today whilst I happened to be in Tesco to visit the in store branch of Holland and Barrett I remembered to go into the Tesco store itself and buy four cans of Guinness Cold Brew Coffee beer.

Once suitable chilled in the refrigerator at home I decided to poor some glasses of this beer for my wife and myself.

The first thing we noticed was the very strong coffee aroma. Was the head a little darker than usual? We thought that it might be, although that could have been a touch of expectation over reality.

There is a very strong coffee taste to it, it's a strong and somewhat butter coffee that they have chosen.

The official description of the taste is "Flavourful notes of Coffee, Chocolate and Caramel."

Yes, I would agree that there is a strong coffee flavour and perhaps a hint of caramel, but chocolate? Not so sure, but I think I tasted a nut-like aftertaste.

It's a worthy effort, but I fear that it's a little too harsh for my taste. However, my wife loves the taste, so there you are!

A 440ml can is OK, but I don't think I'd be too keen to try this by the pint on draught in a pub or a bar. But, you'll need to be your own judge, so nip down to your nearest Tesco or other supermarkets or off-licence, hand over your £6 for four cans and form your own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!