World’s Biggest Ale Trail.
Available for iPhone and Android, the World's Biggest Ale Trail offers customers the chance to use their phone's camera to scan QR codes placed on Cask Marque certificates in accredited pubs. There are 7,500 Cask Marque pubs and bars across the UK to choose from to take part in the World’s Biggest Ale Trail.
The app records the number of pubs visited and rewards prizes for milestones of 25, 50 and 100 pubs. Once you have scanned 100 pub barcodes you become a Cask Marque ambassador, which includes the opportunity to spend the day with an assessor, visiting a number of pubs to see how Cask Marque ensure a quality pint.
Real ale is helping to save the great British institution of the pub - the recent Cask Report found cask drinkers are more than twice more likely to visit pubs on a regular basis than non-cask drinkers. With the opportunity to try before you buy, cask is recruiting new drinkers – 10% of drinkers tried it for the first time in the last 12 months.
Cask Marque Director, Paul Nunny, who is responsible for the quality of ale in pubs said: “Cask ale is a British institution which should be celebrated by everyone up and down the country. The CaskFinder app helps customers get the most out of their pub visits and rate their favourite beers, sharing tried and tested favourites with other app users.”
Download the upgraded version of CaskFinder straightaway to start your very own World’s Biggest Ale Trail.
For any further information please contact Anna Jones or Sarah Stevenson at Seal on 0121 616 5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CaskFinder is designed to help consumers enjoy and appreciate Cask Ale wherever they may be in the UK! Combining data from the Cask Marque pub quality inspection scheme and the Cyclops® beer standardisation initiative, both industry sponsored bodies, CaskFinder has a host of features to aid customers in the pursuit of ale drinking.
On top of the NEW World’s Biggest Ale trail, CaskFinder has a range of features for any beer enthusiast:
• CaskFinder uses the location-awareness of the smartphone to show customers their nearest Cask Marque award winning pubs – 7,500 to choose from
• Details of the cask beers on sale in each pub
• Description of over 1,000 beers from 250 brewers using Cyclops Beer database
• Rate beers to help other ale fans
• Find similar beers
• Beer Festivals – a complete list with contact details, admission prices and maps
• Beer Blog – from award winning writer, Pete Brown, that gives you an inside track on the beer industry
• Beer of the Week – a featured beer of interest
• New Bar code reader for bottled beers – try it on your Tiger beer to get the full Cyclops descriptors and suggested beers for you to try
Cask Marque was set up in 1998 to promote cask ale but in particular beer quality.
The 7,500 award winning Cask Marque pubs receive 2 unannounced visits a year and the qualified assessors check up to six beers on the bar for temperature, taste, appearance and aroma. Any adverse consumer feedback triggers a mystery drinker visit.
The app allows consumers to keep a pub guide in their pocket with stacks of useful information. Currently 46% of consumers who drink cask ale recognise the Cask Marque plaque (NOP survey)