Monday 10 January 2022

Diabetes feature will be starting soon

Within the next several days That's Food and Drink will start running a series of articles on foods drinks and food supplements for people who have diabetes.

Whilst I don't have any medical qualifications I do have a basic qualification in managing diabetes. 

I decided to take that course because I had been diagnosed as having diabetes and I decided that I should learn as much as I could about diabetes and how to live with it.

What will the articles cover? With the help of suppliers we will be covering ready meals, also we will be covering foods that you might not realise would play an important part in meals for people with diabetes.

Also we will be featuring things such as low or no sugar versions of condiments, suitable drinks and also food supplements designed to help you take control of your blood sugar levels.

Incidentally I have had my diabetes treatment altered by my diabetes nurse. I am going to begin taking insulin from the middle of this week.

I would like to acknowledge the kind help of  photographer Steve Buissinne (https://pixabay.com/users/stevepb-282134/) and Pixabay.com for providing the image used to illustrate this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!