Tuesday 25 January 2022

Brothers Cider

If you want to see Veganuary out in style, then you should do it with some Brothers Cider.

I was introduced to ciders when I was a student in the student union bar in the dim and distant 1980s. It was OK, but I can honestly say I was not overly impressed.

However, moving on to modern times when my wife and I discovered Brothers Cider my wife and I were both monumentally impressed. And as my wife is from Devon and grew up drinking West Country Cider, that is high praise indeed!

We have been drinking several bottles of Brothers Toffee Apple Cider and I have to say that it is a properly balanced cider which does have a lovely toffee flavour added to it. To me it reminded me of toffee apples consumed during village Halloween celebrations many years ago.

Although I prefer the 4.0% alcohol version of the Toffee Apple Cider my wife was more keen on the alcohol free version, which is also available.

Other flavours are available, including Strawberry and Lime, Rhubarb and Custard, Wild Fruit, Tutti Frutti, Pink Grapefruit Cider, Honeycomb, Red Apple, Parma Violet, Strawberries and Cream, Cloudy Lemon and also Marshmallow flavour. The latter I think I'll be trying next.  

The family know a great deal about making cider from their Somerset homeland, as there is documentary evidence that their Uncle 14 times removed, Gabriel Showering, was taking the family produced cider round the pubs in the area in 1658. That's nearly 365 years of the production of cidery goodness!

And now four brothers, Matthew, Jonathan, Francis and Daniel are continuing the fine family tradition by bringing good quality real ciders with a modern twist.

You can buy it from your local retailer or direct from Brothers https://brotherscider.co.uk/.

If you want retail their ciders please visit https://brotherscider.co.uk/pages/trade-customers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!