Saturday 6 August 2022

How did you celebrate International Beer Day, yesterday?

How did you celebrate International Beer Day, yesterday?

My wife and I went for our usual long walk that we take every day and we visited a Co-Op store and bought some cans of Goose Island IPA which we took home with us.

This beer is now brewed in Europe on behalf of Goose Island, whereas previously it was brewed in the USA and exported to Britain.

After taking a couple of sips of her can my wife said: "This is sweeter than I remember it. It doesn't taste quite so hoppy. Why is that, do you think?"

After ruminating on the matter over a couple of cans each we concluded that if a beer is made in a different location the water used during the brewing process would, obviously, be different, plus there would be other environmental factors to take into consideration.

Please don't get me wrong! My wife and I still love Goose Island IPA, but my wife says she prefers what she perceives as the slightly sweeter taste.

As an aside Co-Op stores in the UK often have a good selection of real ales, craft ales and international beer styles so are worth visiting to check out what your local Co-Op has on the shelves or in the chiller cabinet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!