Friday 25 February 2022

Cotswolds English Single Malt Whisky

With supplies running a little low, my wife suggested that on our next shopping mission to Tesco that we should buy a bottle of Single Malt Whisky.

And so it was, last Saturday, found us looking at the shelves of whiskies at our nearest large Tesco store. 

Suddenly my attention was drawn to a very attractive box that bore the name Cotswold Single Malt Whisky. 

I thought "That sounds very English?" It was then that I noticed it said "Product of England" on it and I realised that I was looking at a bottle of English whisky!

I bought a bottle and took it home to try my first bottle of English Whisky. 

First thing I noticed was that it's not as clear as some whiskies I have seen. It turns out that this is because it has a natural, golden colour, a result of the fact that it is non-chilled filtered.

It is made using 100% locally grown Cotswolds barley and is doubled distilled in proper copper pot stills, matured in premium sourced casks and blended and bottled in the distillery.

So, Okay, it looks good, but what does it taste like? It's fairly complex, rich and fruity? Yes! Fruity. But there's a little something else that comes through, also. Vanilla? Yeah, notes of vanilla and some spice there, too.

It's very different from other Single Malts that I have tried but in a very good way. 

I can heartily recommend Cotswolds Single Malt to everyone.

It's £39, but if you are a Tesco Clubcard member, you can get a few Pounds knocked off the price.

There are other spirits that are available from the Cotswolds Distillery, so I suggest you check them out here https://www.cotswoldsdistillery.com/.

As it's nearly my wife's birthday, I think the next purchase could well be a bottle of Cotswolds gin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!