Sunday 26 May 2024

My quick and easy Spag Bol recipe

I love spaghetti bolognese and today I cooked my special recipe for my wife and myself.

Ingredients 

Pack of minced meat. Beef, lamb, turkey or a vegan alternative.

Italian Seasoning

Rosemary

Smoked paprika

One or two tins of chopped tomatoes 

A table spoon of tomato puree (optional)

Spaghetti 45g per person)

Stock Cube

Cornflour mixed with water, just enough to thicken

Fry the meat in a large, deep pan with some oil (Borderfields is best www.borderfields.co.uk) for about 12 minutes.

Then add the tomato puree and the chopped tomatoes, stir well and add stock cube and the herbs. Cook for 20 minutes, then add the cornflour mixture and mix very well. Simmer on a low heat.

Meanwhile add some Borderfields spray lemon infused oil into a pan of boiling water with some salt. (I'm thinking Maldon's fantastic Merchant Range https://thatsfoodanddrink.blogspot.com/2023/07/new-from-maldon-salt-their-innovative.html

Then add the spaghetti and cook until it's done to your taste 10 to 15 minutes.

About half way through cooking the spaghetti turn the heat off under the sauce and put a lid on it.

Then serve, topped with Parmesan or some nice extra mature cheese.

Perhaps serve it with a nice Italian red wine, though my wife and I did go very British and had a pot of tea with our meal!

Please do enjoy your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!