Thursday 10 March 2022

Worthington Bitter

This afternoon after a couple of appointments in town I found myself feeling somewhat thirsty. So I decided to pop in to our town's Wethersoon pub for a refreshing pint of beer.

The pub was doing a very good trade in food and drink and when I went up to the bar I saw a sign pointing out that they had several new drinks on draught. 

I read the notice and saw that Worthington's Bitter was one of these new draught drinks. It had replaced John Smith's in December, I recalled.

Rather than my usual choice of a pint of Shipyard IPA, Punk IPA, Guinness or Abbot Ale, I decided to have my first pint of Worthington's in several years.

After settling in the pint glass it looked nice and bright and when I tasted it I noticed that it had a very pleasing malty taste, with a gently. hoppy undertaste.

The mouthfeel was very good and the aftertaste was sweet almost to the point of having a mild, honey taste to it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to indulge in a second pint, but as Arnie said: "I'll be back!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!