Friday 19 February 2021

The Engineer Shiraz Tempranillo from McGuigan

 

The Engineer Shiraz Tempranillo 2019 is a new wine from the McGuigan family of Australia.

They combine Tempranillo grapes and what they describe as "luscious blue and black berries from the Shiraz."

OK, so how does this 13% red wine work?

The scent is heavenly. Yes, I know wine experts call it the bouquet, but I am not a wine expert, but I do know what I like. And I like this wine very much indeed!

What is it like? It's a bold and strong wine, but the taste is exquisite and gentle on the palate.

There are tannin notes and definitely an underpinning of fresh hedgerow fruits, with a good fruity finish.

It pairs very well with a wide range of foods. We happened to try it with a roast chicken dinner and it worked remarkably well, together.

It's available in a range of stores, the Co-Op sell it at £10 a bottle, but I have seen reports of two quid being knocked off the price at the Co-op.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this wine and we will be visiting our local Co-Op store to buy some more bottles of this really rather super wine.

You can learn more about McGuiguan's at https://www.mcguiganwines.co.uk/ or https://www.mcguiganwines.com.au/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!