Monday 1 March 2021

Skippy Peanut Butter. Now with chocolate chips

 I love peanut butter, especially Skippy (crunchy or smooth, depends on the mood I am in) and I also love chocolate.

So you will be able to imagine my pleasure and happiness when I learned recently that the peanut butter experts at Skippy had decided to have a bash at gilding the lily, i.e., attempting to perfect on perfection by introducing a new product to their range, Extra Smooth Skippy Choc Chip Swirl Peanut Butter.

I already expected to like this new addition to the Skippy range of products, but I wasn't perhaps quite prepared as to how much I would like it.

It's utterly delicious. I have to confess that I like to have Skippy Peanut Butter with chocolate spread that I add myself, but it can be a bit hit-and-miss as too much chocolate spread can overpower the more delicate taste of the peanut butter.

But this is not the case with Extra Smooth Skippy Choc Chip Swirl Peanut Butter. There is 10% chocolate drops and whilst you might think that's not much, it is the correct amount to provide a good balance between the delicate taste of the peanut butter and the sharp, yet sweet tang of the chocolate drops.

I can heartily recommend this product to anyone who likes peanut butter.

Also, please check out their recipes including Skippy Smooth Peanut Butter with Chocolate Pieces, which you will find at peanutbutter.uk.com.

It costs £2.65 for a 340g jar. And will be on our next Morrison's delivery order. Along with some non-chocolate Skippy Peanut Butter for my wife as she has an allergy to chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!