Monday 25 April 2022

Skinny IPA

I absolutely love Skinny IPA. But then again, what's not to like about it? 

It's aimed at those drinkers (and I include myself in this category) who want to continue to be able to drink the types of beers that we love, but who want to reduce our calorific intake at the same time.

But that's quite a big ask. Because once you start messing with brews, things can soon go wrong, can't they?

But that's most definitely, certainly not the case with Skinny IPA. Skinnybrands, the folks behind Skinny IPA have been able to reduce the calorific content of their IPA to 89 calories per can, yet being able to hold the ABV at a very respectable 4.0%. 

This means that Skinny IPA has a remarkable 40% less calories than other quality IPAs out there. Plus 78% fewer carbs and it's gluten free, which makes it ideal for people like my wife, a diagnosed coeliac. 

I imagine that you're now saying: "That's all very well, but what about the taste? Does it taste like other IPAs?"

The truth is that Skinny IPA tastes better than many other (to coin an expression) full fat IPAs that are available. 

It's clean, crisp, has a delightfully hoppy bite to it, has a stonkingly good mouthfeel and leaves a very moreish quality IPA aftertaste that will certainly having you reach for another can. It actually reminds me of "proper" Californian craft IPAs I have been fortunate enough to try.

However, I have had a surprise. My wife is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a fan of IPAs. Her drinks of choice are a good quality Merlot, a high end gin, the occasional glass of Ardbeg Scotch and a pint of Guinness when the thirst is upon her. 

But when she took a sip of my Skinny IPA she said: "That's beautiful! Can you pass me a can, please?" Of course, being the good husband I try to be, I immediately presented her with her very own can. Which didn't last long, to be honest!

If you are wondering what to buy your Dad for Father's Day, order him a crate of  24x330ml Cans.

You can order them direct https://shop.skinnybrands.com/collections/skinny-lager-and-ipa-trial-packs/products/skinny-ipa-trial-pack-6x330ml-cans. A 6 can sample pack will cost you £12. 

It's also available in kegs and there's a draught system that's ideal for parties, etc.

Learn about them here https://shop.skinnybrands.com/

And don't forget their Skinny Lager, too.

My next step? To write to the Wetherspoon company and ask them to stock Skinny IPA!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!