What you need to do is to get a large pan and place it on the gas burner of your barbecue. The gas burner you have probably only ever used once to cook some barbecued baked beans, but haven't used since.
Into the pan place some pre-cooked chicken or turkey breast chunks (the chilled food sections in supermarkets like Morrison or Tesco are ideal for buying these) and then stir in a bag of Our Little Secret Tikka Lababdar sauce and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. If you wish you can add a pot of plain yoghurt, or some crème fraîche and ensure that it is stirred in well.
Serve up with a side salad and perhaps some pre-cooked rice, if you wish. (For speed of preparation, buy a couple of bags of microwave rice.)
You can also use naan breads or, if you want to know my secret, just use plain pita breads instead of naan breads, should you have some in the freezer.
The above recipe works equally well with any other of the spicy and testy sauces from the Our Little Secret range, and it means that (with the That's Food ad Drink cheat as described above) you will have one of the most tasty barbecue meals ever, with the minimum amount of fuss, very little preparation time and only one pot being used.
However, if you want to really push the boat out, why not try these recipes kindly supplied by the folks at Our Little Secret?
Our Little Secret Summer Recipes
Tikka Meatballs with Coconut Rice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Add meatballs to a Tikka Masala Dine-In Kit and experience an awesome
twist on Britain's favourite curry.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 meatballs of your choice
- 1 Our Little Secret Tikka Masala Dine-In Kit
- Desiccated coconut for garnish
- 1 chopped chilli
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown.
2. Add the dry spices from the dine-in kit and sauté gently for 2-3
3. Add the contents of the paste sachet and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Then add the Tikka Masala sauce and simmer for 5-6 minutes ensuring that the meatballs are fully cooked and the sauce thickens to a desired consistency.
5. Make a 2-3 cm tear in the rice pouch and microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
6. Garnish the rice with desiccated coconut.
7. Add chopped chillies to add heat.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Chunky Makhani Vegetable Broth
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Our Little Secret Makhani cook-in sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 125g trimmed fine green beans
- 1 large diced sweet potato
- 175g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 375g small cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 400g drained lentils
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
2. Stir in the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add beans, potato, corn and cauliflower to water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
4. Season to taste and add the Our Little Secret Makhani cook-in sauce and lentils. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until warmed through.
5. Add a little water to make the broth.
6. Enjoy by itself or with naan bread. Alternatively, you can add soup bread into the dish.
Sauces are available in Morrisons and other supermarkets and food outlets.